Location

Port Haney Wharf

"Port Haney was named for Thomas Haney, a skilled brick maker who purchased land on the north side of the Fraser River in 1879 due to the area's excellent deposits of clay. 

In early February 1880, a large part of the south bank of the Howison farm slid into the Fraser River. The "Haney Slide" as it become known, partially blocked the Fraser River and created tsunami-like waves that damaged wharves and piers along the river. "

- mapleridge.ca

Pin

38792